“Error! Installation cannot continue! An incompatible Windows driver has been detected..” While installing the Norton Utilities 16.0
Norton Utilities 16.0 can be downloaded from the link norton.com/nu16. By using the Norton product key you can install and activate the Norton tool on your system. Installation of the tool has very simple steps but it may give you error sometimes. The Norton Utilities 16.0 installation error such as “Error! Installation cannot continue! An incompatible Windows driver has been detected..” While installing the Norton Utilities 16.0, may occur.
Norton Utilities 16.0 installation Error can be resolved by following the basic troubleshooting at your home. If you need support then you may visit us at office.com/setup for further query.
Troubleshooting steps to resolve Norton Utilities 16 installation Error – “Error! Installation cannot continue! An incompatible Windows driver has been detected..” While installing the Norton Utilities 16.0:
Method 1 – Run the install from the Symantec Download Manager Folder:
- First of all, press Windows Icon along with R (Windows + R), to open the Run dialog box.
- Now in the box type %temp% and then press enter key to open the Temp folder.
- Search and Open the Symantec Download Manager folder from the list.
- Now double-click the install.exe file to start the installation process.
- Follow the onscreen guidelines to finish the procedure.
Method 2 – Download and install AMD chipset drivers:
- Press Windows + R, which will open the Run dialog box.
- Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
- Open the device manager and click IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to expand.
- From the list of controllers, check if Standard SATA AHCI controller is displaying, if yes then Download and install the AMD chipset drivers.
- Now save the file on the desktop and then double-click to run the setup.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Now in the device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI by clicking on it.
- Confirm that AMD SATA controller is displaying, now install the Norton Utilities 16.0 again.
Method 3 – Uninstall Standard SATA AHCI controller:
- Press Windows key + R altogether, to open Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press enter, which will open the device manager.
- From the opened Device Manager window, click to expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controller.
- Now right click the Standard SATA AHCI controller and then Uninstall.
- When prompted, restart your device and then install the Norton Utilities 16.0 on your device.
You need to follow the above methods step-by-step in order to resolve the “Error! Installation cannot continue! An incompatible Windows driver has been detected..” While installing the Norton Utilities 16.0. If you still have any query or face the same issue then contact Norton Support or visit norton.com/setup. If you visit the link norton.com/setup then our experts will offer you the best 24/7 support.