Fix problems opening Norton Mac – Norton is also popular among the Mac users. It is repeatability admire for its performance to protect the Mac device for many users. But that doesn’t mean that Mac users are away from the technical issues caused by some software glitch. One of such problems is opening Norton for mac.
Fix problems opening Norton Mac
Step 1: Restart your Mac Device
When the Norton causes an issue in the opening on your Mac device then the first thing you try is to restart it. Sometimes, the Mac freezes and stop responding the way it should. Or the issue of RAM unavailability can also lead to this problem.
- Close all the application running on the device.
- Also, save this webpage as a bookmark, so you can access it easily.
- Click on the Restart button your Mac device.
- Once the computer starts again, check whether the problem still persists for not.
If the error while Opening Norton for Mac still shows then go to the next step.
Step 2: Run RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool
This is a specialized tool to remove Norton software from the Mac device. You just need to download and run it on the Mac device.
- Open the web browser and Download the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file.
- Click on the Finder icon on your Mac screen.
- On the menu bar, click Go and then choose Download.
- The Download folder will appear having all the file or software that you have downloaded.
- To open the RemoveSymantecMacFiles, double-click on it.
- In the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder, control-click the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file, and then click Open with and then choose Terminal (default).
- For this step, you will need the administrator permission by providing a password on the Mac.
- In the terminal window, enter the administrator password and click return.
- To remove all Symantec file and folder press 1. Or press 2 to return without removing anything.
- Now, RemoveSymantecMacFiles will remove all the file and folder related to Symantec.
- Once the removal is done, restart your device.
Now you have completely remove Norton from your system. Next step is to install the software back on your device to fix problems opening Norton for Mac.
Step 3: Reinstall Mac
To reinstall Norton on your device, just follow these simple and easy steps.
- Open the web browser on your Mac device.
- Go to the Norton Website and Sign in.
- Enter your email address and password to sign in to the Norton Account.
- Go to the Norton setup window and click on Download Norton.
- When prompted, click Agree & Download.
- Save the downloaded zip file and move to the installation steps.
- Double-click to open the Norton product installer.
- Click Agree & Install and the installer will start automatically.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation.
- Restart your computer and check whether the problems opening Norton for Mac still occurs.
If the problem is solved then you can go on to use the Norton product on your device. Else, you can call at our toll-free number for support.
Some Related Issues and Norton Support
The problem with the Norton software in Mac is common. Some related errors are mentioned below, you can use these troubleshooting steps to fix them.
- Norton for Mac not working
- Norton repair tool
- Norton will not open
- Norton problems today
- Norton security installation problems
- Windows 10 and Norton internet security
- Norton won’t open on Mac
- Norton internet security pending Mac
For all these issues and more you can call at our customer support number. Our services are 24/7 available, you can and ask for assistance anytime.
Hope You like the Article related to “Fix problems opening Norton Mac”!